Great computer, but does not really stand the hype

Friday, July 23, 2010

I've been a PC user for my PC for 16 years and worked with Mac professional on and off 9 years. I've never been a fanboy fanboy Mac or Windows, I always just wanted a machine that will work. When my four years old Dell laptop had a box fell on a shelf, my boss gave me a new laptop. I knew it was a big fan of everything Apple so I decided to switch to Mac, so I could load on the features without pain him. Is what I got:




17” Antiglare MacBook Pro
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB 1.07GHz RAM
256GB SSHD


It is a beautiful and elegant looking machine that is false light. Get a 17 is, I expected more weight to him. It was a pleasant surprise. The keyboard has been well distributed, like the shallow keys. The only drawback is that it is somewhat awkward my clock always scratch my wrist when I stay on him, but most of my time on it is a docking station. The computer is incredibly fast. Between the solid state disk processor and RAM, this thing never even flinched, no matter the task, but I have not really demanding install (Windows only) software scientists who are truly born.

The screen is beautiful, lively and dynamic. My funds similar immersive widescreen. Makes it easy to have multiple windows side by side in small print, without having to worry about the text looks grainy and difficult to read. The keys are individually lit perfect for presentations or any dark situation you need to find a key. The multitouch trackpad, oh what a beautiful appearance. It's amazing, everything is a button that can strike at any time (although much easier in the bottom of the top), and multi-touch. A point a finger, two finger scrolling, three toes forward and backward in any browser, and four fingers on the desktop windows. It makes life much better.

But all is not rosy. I need this machine as a workstation, and three USB ports are tight so close you can not actually use all three at once. Fortunately for me, I connected in a way where I can get five additional ports when you hug. It amazes me as an obvious defect obtained by the design. I was also disappointed by the lack of an SD card reader, which has been superseded by an ExpressCard/34 slot. It was difficult to get an ExpressCard SD card reading. It's just a preference, I am sure that many people find it to be a professional.

Is it really 8:00? Yes and no. If you dim the screen, turn off the LED on the keyboard does not need WiFi, and switch to the slower graphics card, it will be about 8. But a more reasonable estimate would be 4-5, which is still very impressive. He was also very quick to reload. Speaking of load, as the plug. It may be a piece taken from the cord to reduce clutter and plug in the wall. If you're in a band full, you can use the extension so that the power converter is near the very end.

I must say that was a nightmare. Most of this nightmare was to blame for iTunes. I've never bought anything from iTunes, as I hate DRM. He refused to recognize the transfer or 20% the size of my MP3 collection. I have the obligation to manually load each song was. It would take some tracks on a CD, but not all. I called Apple Support and they had no advice. I also used Picasa to organize my photos. I gave him a chance to iPhoto. He was very nice at the beginning, he had a funny face recognition software find all the photos of your wife / child / niece / etc But all the photos stored in a database rather than individual jpg. How can I upload to Facebook? How I can order prints from Snapfish? How I can give my mother the whole file of photos of the birthday party? I am frustrated and eventually get back to Picasa. Apart from that, my entire professional team moved to perfection.

Thus the system is already rapidly, and many are probably due to the snow Leapord (and heavy equipment). It is a fast control system, strong, and above all intuitive. I'm primarily a Windows-like, but I was on all versions of Apple OS since 2000. This version, and its predecessor was the first who did not make me angry. If you want to upgrade from an Intel Mac before, I think it's time. It is very easy to use and find what you need is a breeze. It should come honestly to your personal preference on it. The front of Vista with annoying pop-up balloons and always inform you about all the processes, but other than that I find both operating systems can be compared with ease.

Amount Paid (US$): 4500
Operating System: Macintosh
Processor: Other
Processor speed: over 1000
Screen Size: Greater than 15 inches
RAM: More than 256
Internal Storage: CD-RW an

0 comments: